An established and renowned industry leader is seeking a proven Network / Infrastructure Engineer to join their growing team based in London, New York and Shanghai. Please note, this is initially a fixed-term contract for 6 months, however there is a chance this might be extended for the right candidate. The employee will be part of a large infrastructure / network team, will work closely with enterprise architects / third party providers and reports to the Head of Infrastructure. The employee will be responsible for providing enterprise-class networks to multiple sites throughout the UK, US and China using the latest network technologies from Cisco, FortiGate, Checkpoint and NetScaler.
Network Engineer London, New York USA, Shanghai
You support our renowned customers in all questions concerning IT networks and solutions. Depending on the project in the areas:
- Designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Investigating data network faults
- Securing, supporting, administering and upgrading all network systems and firewall solutions
- Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritising information and managing projects
- Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
- Configuring routing and switching equipment
- Managing third-party relationships.
In addition to your enthusiasm for IT networks, you will bring along a successfully completed IT qualification.
- In order to be suitable for this role, you must have proven experience as a Network Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Administrator or similar network (office or data center) focused role, ideally in a large high availability enterprise environment. It is essential to have experience of designing, setting up, maintaining and improving large network environments along with Cisco switches, Checkpoint Firewalls and load balancers from NetScaler. In-depth knowledge of network areas (LAN, WAN, WLAN) and core infrastructure services and functions (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, etc.) as well as working in mixed on-premise and cloud environments e.g. Azure/AWS is also essential. The ideal candidate is also experienced in planning and delivering infrastructure changes such as office moves when zero server downtime is required, firewall migration (Checkpoint to Fortigate), infrastructure / network refreshes, moving to the cloud as well as identifying and resolving information security threats. CCNP, CCNA or ITIL certifications will be considered highly beneficial, but are not a must have criteria.
- Projects that get you ahead
- Training and development opportunities (support in obtaining further certifications)
- Above-average social benefits (e.g. company pension scheme, VWL, cost coverage of prevention courses, etc.)
- Attractive salary package including company car for private use
- Outstanding regular team events (Oktoberfest, special Christmas parties, skiing)
You want to drive exciting and challenging IT projects forward? Then you are the ideal candidate for us and we would like to get to know you.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application documents including your availability and salary expectations: